This Week’s Features
In the rush of everyday life, it’s so easy to forget how much we have to be thankful for here at the Herdic House. We’re fortunate indeed to have found such a welcoming home, over the past 31 years, in the community of Williamsport and her historic district. Our beautiful city—with her elegant trees, her spectacular old homes, her spirited people—has made our business a pleasure.
We’ve also been fortunate to have found, in and around Williamsport. a remarkable collection of friends whom we’re lucky to count as customers—wise people, interesting people, fun people (with great taste!) without whom our lives would be far less vibrant. Our thanks to all of you! May we have many more fun and delicious adventures ahead of us…
Blue Plate Special: Wednesday, November 25
Fettuccine and meatballs—made with organic Pasta by Deb and local beef and pork
Don’t forget that our Blue Plate Special is always first come, first served—but we have plenty of other great options on our lounge and dining room menus to choose from!
Closed for Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 26
The Squashes of Central PA: Friday, November 27
A menu devoted to the beautiful (and not so beautfiul) PA pumpkins of all varieties…
- Cinderella at Midnight: pureed longneck pumpkin, bourbon, maple syrup, orange peel
- Musque de Provence pumpkin bisque with cider and toasted seeds
- Roasted kabocha squash cubes, sauteed scallops and crispy prosciutto drizzled with an orange reduction and pomegranate seeds
- Cornmeal-battered cod served over pesto-tossed spaghetti squash and finished with a leek aioli
- Buttermilk and butternut cake with cream cheese frosting and apple compote