This Week’s Features
Blue Plate Special: Wednesday, June 14
Spicy haddock tacos with cucumber-lime salad, fresh tomato pico de gallo and avocado crema
Every Thursday–Happy Hours: 5-7 pm
Join us at the Herdic bar from 5-7 for $4 house wines and $6 Herdic cocktails from our cocktail list.
Grilling it up: Friday, June 16
Except for the unusual quantities of red clothing, the grill scene at the Herdic (and in Miele family lore) has never borne the slightest resemblance to the campy 50s barbecue illustration above—and we’ve certainly never encouraged pipe-smoking around our barbecue! That said, grilling on Father’s Day weekend is as stereotypical as that same nuclear family cartoon—and that doesn’t make it any less appealing this time of year!
This Friday, we’ll be cranking up the charcoal grill for a variety of smoking and grilling culinary feats in honor (and to the delight) of the dads in our lives. Join us as Liz and the kitchen guys prepare a what’s what of Father’s Day favorites…
- Grilled peach old-fashioned
- Grilled Cow-A-Hen chicken and sweet corn chowder
- Barbecued shrimp served over parmesan-grilled zucchini with lemon-caper crema
- Smoked and grilled beef brisket from Misty Mountain Farm, served over grilled bacon potato salad and wilted collard greens, and drizzled with a smoked tomato barbecue sauce
- Grilled s’mores tart: housemade graham crackers, rich chocolate ganache and crisped marshmallow to top it all off…
Next week: Liz is hoping for a Friday evening stone fruit extravaganza! Stay tuned to see if the cherries, plums and apricots she’s dreaming of arrive on time…and jump right into a plethora of fruity, summery recipes.