This Week’s Features
Blue Plate Special: Wednesday, June 29
Korean barbecued tenderloin tips served over a pasta and veggie salad tossed in a peanut-cilantro dressing
Every Thursday—Happy Hours: 5-7 pm
$4 house wines and $6 cocktails in the bar and lounge! Choose from any cocktail on our Herdic cocktail menu…
The Declaration of Independence: Friday, July 1
Every year, we gather folks on our patio and read the Declaration of Independence—a moment to reflect back on where we came from as we approach the beginning of another year as the United States. But this year is especially poignant, because not only is the US 240 years into its great experiment, but the city of Williamsport is celebrating the 150th anniversary of its incorporation—its 150th birthday party, if you will!
The City’s celebrations will last throughout the weekend (check them out at this link:www.williamsport150.org), and at the Herdic House we’re doing our part. Join us on Friday evening as Dr. Oscar Knade reads the Declaration of Independence, dressed to the nines as a Herdic-era Victorian Williamsporter, and dine on a menu of features we’ve taken (with some modern twists) from the menu of fare at the Park Hotel in 1870. The menu (pictured above) hangs in our bar…
- Michelle champagne, by the glass or bottle, to toast 150 years!
- English Split Pea: French pea soup with bacon and garlic cream
- Baked Salmon, stuffed: Roasted wild-caught salmon, stuffed with creamy crab and capers and served on a bed of baby arugula
- Oyster Patties: Blue Point oysters on the half shell with sherry mignonette
- Ribs of Beef: Peppercorn-crusted prime rib in a brandied jus, with herbed duchess potatoes and mustard creme fraiche
- Whortleberry pie: we couldn’t find whortleberries, so we’ll be using fresh garden black and red raspberries in a tart crust, served with orange and Grand Marnier whipped cream
Market Saturdays: Saturday, July 2
Come out to sample the best of the Williamsport Growers’ Market! Liz will be creating her features to showcase the best the morning’s market had to offer…